Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pray for the Homeless Shelter

Therese wrote a request for pictures just recently, scroll down to see the original request.

I just sent and e-mail requesting your pictures of Jesus. As I was reading further on your web-site, I found that you may have some additional items. I am a case worker for the homeless shelter here in my area. I too, was homeless in the same shelter 18 months prior. The question that people ask me the most, is how did I do so well on being able to get on my feet, and my life now, so fulfilling. Well, the only answer that I can truly give them, is God. I gave my life to God and accepted Jesus Christ as my savour. From that point on, God was in control, and I have been so very blessed with a new home, a car, food on the table, and now.....giving back by being a caseworker to all that enter our establishment. We are a non for profit organization, and if you could send any material, it would be very much appreciated. We, the homeless shelter, are struggling to stay open. It is our community churches that prevent us from closing. With this said, I hope that you can send me what you are able to. I thought finding this site, a blessing.
Sincerely, Therese Francis

Here is our letter in response.

Dear Therese,

We will gladly send you pictures of Jesus and some tracts, and a DVD of THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. I am glad to hear about the things that Jesus has done for you. I have a friend who is in a homeless shelter now because of having to leave her abusive husband. She said that she shares the pictures of Jesus with the people she comes across and prays for them and tells them that Jesus will help them, as He is so happy to do, and she said that the people are very responsive to receiving the pictures. How glad Jesus is to have an opening to reach out to them! He really wants them to know how close He is and how much He cares about what they are experiencing.

The writing that we send in tract form:
JESUS IS ALIVE AND KNOWS YOUR NAME tells simply who Jesus is and why He came to earth. It also explains that each person can know Him, as Abraham did, by talking to Him and hearing His voice. God is no respecter of persons and He will make Himself known, so they can get to know their Creator, as they were created to do. You can click on the link to read the writing. If you wish to receive another language tract along with the English, please let us know. (Spanish, French, Swahili, Kinyarwandan, Ewe, Arabic, and Urdu are available.)

God bless you, Therese, as you help the people. This is a noble work, to care about others and help them, and this is exactly the spirit in which Jesus came to the earth. He rescued us because He loves us. What a wonderful opportunity to follow in His footsteps, with His help at every turn. Remember, dear sister, that if you talk to Jesus, He will talk to you, and He will help you.

Please send a mailing address for the free pictures and the tracts and the DVD.

In Jesus, our Friend and soon coming Bridegroom,
Char Tierney
OPERATION: JESUS PICTURES